Friday, January 14, 2011

So have I told you I love my dogs?

So I have two dogs.  Spike and  Daisy, aka the Luvies! Spikey is a 4 year old chihuahua and Daisy is a 2 year old chihuahua/terrier/who knows what mix.  They are my loves!  These little doggies mean the world to me, and I talk about them a lot! 

Spike is lazy.  If I am in bed, he is in bed. If I'm sitting down, he is in my lap.  He lives his life just to be with me.  I absolutely love this little dog!  Everyone loves Spike.  He's not yippy, he's good with kids, he's pretty calm.. aka lazy.  He let's me dress him up, he rides in my bike basket. He's the best little guy ever!

After my miscarriages, I was a wreck.  Chad saw this and that year for Christmas he asked what I really wanted and I told him a puppy.   We went to see a litter of chihuahua pups and Chad says to me "You're going to take the first puppy they put in your hands."  No this is a serious decision I won't be taking lightly.  So we go to see the puppies and they put the runt of the litter in my hands.. and it was love at first site.  I did hold all the puppies but I went back to the runt.  He was like a little mouse.  I named him Spike at that moment and it was pure love!  This little dog has helped me more than anyone knows.  He let me be mama to him, he let me love him and nurture him when I was feeling lost.  And that little dog loves me too.

And then there's my Daisy.  She's a strange little dog.  She's awkward, she gets her feelings hurt really easily, she sheds too much, she barks too much, and she wants to lick your face way too much.  But she is loveable. She's very sweet.  She was originally my sister in law's dog.  So we got her when she was already 7 months old, which made training difficult, since she was already a wild country hillbilly dog!  My mother in law lives in the country, at the end of a dirt road, so Daisy is still having some trouble adjusting to city life!   And boy is that girl nosey!!! She loves to sit in the window and look.  She loves to go in the backyard, sit on the picnic table and look. She spys on the neighbors. I will see her looking through the little holes in the fences just watching.  And it's not a quick peek either, she will sit there for a while just watching. What she is looking at, I don't know.  She's silly and goofy and she is my girl!

They are my luvies!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment