Thursday, January 13, 2011

So people have told me I should start a blog.. Ok.. why not.  I don't think anyone will read it, but hey, it can't hurt to write about the crazy things going on in my life.   Now there will be errors!!  Spelling, grammar, lots and lots of errors, but hey, this is just for fun, right?

Soooo let's see.. where do I begin?  It's days before my 36th b day.. YIKES!  It just kind of snuck up on me.  A LOT has happened since birthday 35 and birthday 36...  I am usually one of those gals that LOVES my b day!!  Can't wait for it.. gets out my tiara and lives it up..  but last year was different.. for some reason the number 35 got me.  I was turning 35 and I still did not have a baby..  everything I was reading states.. your eggs are old once you turn 35.. so what do I do for my b day??? I get drunk and try to not think about it.  I also made an appt to see my Dr.  I show up to the appt. and cry my eyes out.. Yes, that really happened, and no, it wasn't pretty. Luckily my Dr knows me, and my history very very well..

Now, there is some backstory on that.  I will try and keep it short, but... it is a major story.  So it's 2006.. I have met the love of my life.. Chad.  It's a new relationship but 3 months in, I knew he was "the one" it may sound hokey, but it's true.  Well...come March, I had a surprise miscarriage.  It was a surprise because I didn't know I was pregnant.  Went to the Dr because I was sstill having some pain and it turns out, there's another baby!  I wasn't prepared for this, but I was over the  moon happy!  Well, that pregnancy also ended up in miscarriage and I almost bled to death in the process.  It turns out I have a blood clotting disorder and nobody knew about it.  Five days in the ICU, a dodged hysterectomy and a lot of tears later, I went home and licked my wounds.

So fast foward back to birthday 35.  I decide to get serious about this baby making.  We charted, we took temps, all that fun stuff, and it still wasn't happening.  So off to the Fertility Dr I go.  I find an Reproductive Endocriniologist (RE) and get myself checked out.  Well the miscarriages have done severe damage to my cervix, I have a blood clotting disorder, and I tested positive for the Natural Killer cells..  I'm told with my age, and my problems IVF is my best option.   So it's on to IVF for us. 

So, between birthday 35 and birthday 36 I've gone through one Fresh IVF cycle which resulted in a Big Fat Negative and one Frozen Egg Transfer which also resulted in a Big Fat Negative.

So this year, birthday 36 lands right smack in the middle of my third IVF cycle. 

So yeah, it's been a crazy year, and it doesn't look like the craziness is going to let up just yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment